The Prairie Regional Championships will be held in Brandon, MB at John Reilly Field onthe weekend of July12-14, 2013. The PRC is a regional rugby competition with U16 and U18 categories for both boys and girls. Regional teams participating will be announced later, but they will hail from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and possibly the United States.
This is a great opportunity for athletes to develop their skills and to play rugby beyond the school and community level. The players will be exposed to a higher level of competition and potentially identified by Provincial, National and University coaches.
Costs for the programs will vary, but the teams will do their best to keep costs minimal. The birth dates and eligibility requirements for the age categories are as follows:
* All players will have to be registered through Rugby Canada for insurance coverage. *
U16 Girls & Boys – Must be born in 1997, 1998 & 1999
U18 Girls & Boys – Must be born in 1995 & 1996
The coaching staff contact information for each region is posted below. If your son/daughter is interested in participating, you need to contact the staff from your respective region for more information.
If you have any further inquiries about the Prairie Regional Championships, please contact Brad Hirst from Rugby Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best and I hope to see many of our young athletes participating in the Prairie Regional Championships in July!
High Performance Director
Westman Region (US Border to Swan River/MB-SK Border to Portage)
Westman Rush Rugby (U16 Girls) –
- Brian Yon 204-724-4673 email@example.com
- Kevin Sorensen 204-726-1686 firstname.lastname@example.org
Westman Rush Rugby (U18 Girls) –
- Kat Muirhead 204-867-5234 email@example.com
- Kiya Townsend 204-573-1177 firstname.lastname@example.org
Westman Warlords Rugby (U16 Boys) –
- Owen Hagan 204-728-2735 email@example.com
- Bruce Stewart 204-573-1858 firstname.lastname@example.org
Westman Warlords Rugby (U18 Boys) –
- Sandy Donald 204-724-5743 email@example.com
- Sean Common 204-764-7045 firstname.lastname@example.org